If I didn't know any better I'd think I was still in the Seattle area. It rained cats and dogs with plenty of wind most of Monday after we got back from Trees of Mystery. Fog rolled in too so we hunkered down and spent the rest of the day doing our puzzles and chatting. Which brings to mind another interesting observation. For those of you who don't already know, Marilyn and I are quite different. in terms of our personal characteristics. I'll be the first to admit that I am a "left brain" type. Grounded, logical and pragmatic whereas she is more "right brain". Creative, artistic and open minded. You would think that perhaps this difference in personalities would be incompatible. Yes, we do have our "rigorous conversations" and often end up agreeing to disagree. Having said that, we respect each other's point of view and never let those differing perspectives get in the way of our marriage commitment. With the chaos of getting ready to sell the house behind us, we can now simply enjoy each other's company without the added stress of outside pressures and duties.
Driving south on 101 yesterday proved to be a white knuckle experience. I figure the total wight of the truck, camper and car to be somewhere between 16,000 and 17,000 lbs. Swinging all that weight around the twists and turns was quite a challenge. But we arrived safely in Trindidad and we're staying at Emerald Forest RV park. The daily rate is only $17 so it was a bargain we couldn't pass up. After dinner we went to the local casino for dessert. They put on a special dinner Tuesday evening and had a bunch of strawberry torts left over. Yum!
Here's a pix of our current setup. Reminds me a lot of our former home. Only the trees are tall redwoods instead of Douglas firs.
I took this photo just as the sun was peaking through the trees. I thought it was a nice morning greeting.

No comments:
Post a Comment