Sebastopol is a small town just east of Santa Rosa and roughly 60 miles north of San Francisco. It has the charm of a small town and has a thriving wine growing culture. Our hosts are Marilyn's cousin Nedra and her husband Jim. We arrived last Wednesday and parked the truck in front of the driveway.
It was a tricky situation since they live in a cul-de-sac which houses several families with several cars. But Nedra made sure that the neighbors knew why this big hurkin' truck and camper was being parked.
Thanksgiving day we were graciously invited to share a dinner with several people in the adjoining neighborhood. This was the first time I've not been with family on T-day so I was somewhat anxious on how I would react to this situation. But my fears were quickly dissolved. The atmosphere was one of shared thankfulness. We gathered in a circle before sitting down (there were 29 people present) and after joining hands, each person expressed their personal idea of thankfulness. The feeling I got was one of sincerity and true togetherness. These people are generous and would welcome anyone into their midst.
The table set for the T-giving dinner.
Marilyn and Jim mashing the potatoes
It's apparent that God has placed us here for a good reason. Nedra, Jim and daughter Serena will need a lot of prayers in the near future as they experience serious challenges.
Marilyn was very concerned about the availability of her arthritis infusion treatments while on the road. Every two months she has this procedure to control the spread of RA. It has been a very effective treatment over the past 12 years. Prior to leaving, her doctor gave her some documents to five to other doctors which would hopefully give her access to the drug remacaid. Fortunately this go around, in December it will be covered and she'll get the infusion this week in Santa Rosa.
Here are some recent photos and a video I took
A beautiful day in the the neighborhood. It was 68F and perfect.
I took this video while we were searching for a geocache near Trinidad. I was standing quite precariously on a barnacle covered rock while the tide was rising. Waves crashing on rocks The link will take you to YouTube.




No comments:
Post a Comment